Saturday, December 1, 2012

Not The End But Just The Beginning

I`ve been so uneasy since yesterday as I kept thinking about The Voice of Germany Fourth Live Show(which was concluded last night) where my beloved Gil Ofarim would be performing against Michael Lane. Since I am currently in the Philippines, I could not watch the show on TV and had to wait until the video would be uploaded on their site. 

The first thing I did the moment I turned on my netbook was go to his official Facebook fan page. His latest post was only his "Man in the Mirror" version downloadable on itunes. No video post or whatsoever. I was puzzled. What had happened? I went to the official website of The Voice of Germany. I saw the video of his performance with "Man in The Mirror" and was so overjoyed to see him did so great. But that didn`t stop my uneasiness. I kept searching for the results video but couldn`t find it. I felt even more nervous. Then I ran into the Teams...



Shocked in front of my monitor, I felt my tears fell from my eyes. He didn`t make it to the semi-finals. Only one question came out of my mouth and kept swirling on my mind: Why?

Then I visited his fan page again. There, I read the comments of his fans. I was teary-eyed again and was so touched by their sincerity, love and support for him.  He`s even got new fans. Truly, he has served his purpose upon entering the talent show. It`s as if saying to his fans, "Hey guys! Miss me? I`m still singing although you haven`t heard much from me in the past years, but hey! I`m gonna rock your world again!" and to those who never heard of him before, "Just listen to my voice," with a wink. 

It`s been a long time since he left his stardom as a teen idol and he sure knew his fans really missed him. And now, to introduce himself as the man Gil Ofarim, he decided to join The Voice of Germany. I`d say, he already succeeded the moment he first entered the stage. No more teen idol image. No longer the long-haired Gillie. Only a thick-beard man with, as always, strong beautiful voice. The fans no longer go crazy over his looks but with his voice alone. 

Somehow, I felt relieved. Gil must be happy right now despite of his loss. Well, it`s not really a big loss for him. It`s the show`s. There is only one Gil Ofarim and his voice is unique. You can`t find it in any other singers.

Anyway, I think what happened last night was just right. I mean, he made it that far. It`s more than enough. Besides, if he has made it all the way to the grand finals and, let`s say, he wins, then his life would become more like that of his "teen-star life" again. He didn`t really enjoy that, did he? 

Now that he  is no longer with The Voice, he is free to start again and do his own music--whether solo or still with his band, Acht. With the support and love he earned from his former fans, as well as his new fans, I`m sure Gil will still be successful. He doen`t need a big recording company to manage him. He can still do it on his own. 

To all the fans out there, don`t worry. It`s not the end for Gil but just a beginning for a new chapter of his life. We may not be seeing him for awhile in The Voice of Germany, but we will be seeing him soon for sure. I will be "stalking" him in the internet and keep you updated, as much as I can, on his latest shows. Let`s support and accompany him in his new journey! 

And my message for Gil:

Continue what you are doing. Do not stop singing. We love your voice as much as you love music. Do not regret any failures that you had. Learn from them and don`t let them happen again. Never listen to your haters. They`re just jealous of you. Those are the kind of people who don`t know the word TALENT because maybe the don`t have one. Stay humble. 

I hope that after his journey with The Voice, more opportunities will open to him and more people will understand and appreciate him. The teen star has long been gone. Let`s welcome the new man that he is.

Let`s cheers to Gil!

<3


Gil`s Videos in The Voice of Germany:

No comments:

Post a Comment