Saturday, July 14, 2012

How to Write a Good Manuscript in 5 Minutes


Do you think I`m that stupid? Of course, it`s not applicable in novels. Let`s take essay as our example. I think essay is one of the hardest things to write. It`s a combination of facts and your own opinion based on also facts. But, how can you write a good, if not the best, one in just five minutes?

1. You need a pen and a paper. Of course, you need it. You, id**t! Oops! Sorry. What I`m saying is that, how can you write something if you don`t have anything to write and write on? Can you see now why it is number 1? Okay, a laptop will do if you`re permitted. 

2. After the topic was given to you and the clock starts ticking, do not pick up your pen immediately. Relax. Close your eyes and don`t mind about your surrounding. Think about the topic and what you are going to write. Create an outline in your mind.

 3. After 1-2 minutes, open your eyes and unload all the ideas from your mind by writing it according to your imaginary outline. You`ll be amazed how fast you can finish your essay. You will have extra time reviewing and editing it.


I learned those tips from my English teacher way back when I was in fourth year high school. She said it`s effective and I think she`s right. I`ve been applying them ever since then.

You still don`t believe me? Well, let`s try your writing skill. Prepare your pen and paper or your laptop. Ready? Write something about “rainbow”. Oops! I told you not to pick up your pen or don`t type yet. Relax. Close your eyes for two minutes. Meditate. Tik! Tik! Tik! Okay, two minutes is up! Write now. You only have three minutes left. Tik! Tik! Tik! Alright! Your five-minute writing drill is over. Put your pen down or your hands off your keyboard. Email me what you have written @ justin_angelie@yahoo.com.

Hope you enjoyed our writing exercise for today!

God bless your writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment